Medicine in Germany







About us




Health Care
Important Adresses
Medical Tools
Medical Devices/Firms

Medical Education/Jobs

Jobs for Medical Doctors
Medical Schools
German Language


Research Centers
Medical Databases
Evidencebasedd Medicine
Ongoing Clinical Trials



Which  certificates do you need to study in Germany?

As a general point you are entitled to study in Germany if you fulfill all the conditions which you needed for enrolment in a university degree course (academic programme) in your own country. In other words you can study medicine in Germany, if you are qualified to study medicine in your native land. 

A second point is, whether your  secondary school-leaving certificate

is accepted as equivalent to

the German general secondary school-leaving

certificate ( Deutsche Allgemeine Hochschulreife).

Students from EU-Countries

Secondary school.leaving certificate from EU-countries are acknowledged  as equivalent to the German general secondary school-leaving certificate. Such students can therefore can study in Germany without attending the so called Studienkolleg (a one year preparatory course with its assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung). 

EU-Students can normally apply directly to university. However,  by subjects like human medicine with restricted admission - apples with numerus clausus- the applicants should  send their application forms to the ZVS.

ZVS (Central Office for the Allocation of Study Places)

Sonnenstr. 171

D-44137 Dortmund. 

Students from non-EU-Countries

Non-EU students have to check, if their secondary school leaving certificate  is acknowledged  as equivalent to the German general secondary school-leaving certificate. If not they have to attend the so called Studienkolleg (a one year preparatory course) with an assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung). 

If the Applicants have already completed successfully a certain number of years in their nativeland (normally 1-3 Years), they could be exempt from the assessment test. 

DAAD Admission gives information about enrolment requirements for the admission to study at an university in Germany for different countries.  

Students from non-EU states can normally apply directly to university, except in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen (NRW). In NRW they have to send their application to Bezirksregierung in Düsseldorf.

More Information and Application

The admission for human medicine studies in Germany is restricted by the so-called numerus clausus. Some medical schools demand higher requirements from applicants regarding their final degrees. 

Further information is available from the International Offices (Akademisches Auslandsamt) and Studienkollegs of the Universities. The Application Forms can be obtained and returned to the International Office too.




Specialist Hospitals

Home Contact About us Conditions of use

Copyright © 2000 []. All rights reserved.

  11. Juli 2014